January 3, 2009

The Plan

I wouldn't be human this time of the year if I didn't sit down and reflect upon the past year and make resolutions for the new one. Personally I've never really liked resolutions, I prefer the term 'goals'. A resolution seems very definitive, with no room for alterations whereas a goal can be modified, changed, and updated. I actually started coming up a with a list of goals in December and had a wonderful pipe dream of posting my equivalent of the '12 days of Christmas' which included my 12 goals and focus for the new year. For those of you who've checked this blog, you'll notice that they never materialized in 2008.

However, here they are, in no particular order. The plan is to work on one thing each month with the hope that it will be a habit, an integral part of my life...or just something I can check off the list. I haven't made a final decision on which one will be the poster child for January, but I have some strong front-runners for that award. I'll keep you posted on which one I choose, along with my explanations for why I chose each of these items for this year. For now, just wish me luck or let me live in my happy oblivion for just a little while longer, that is until the work and chores get the best of me!
  1. Meditate.
  2. Blog.
  3. Do the dishes (more consistently).
  4. Practice my martial arts.
  5. Put up the laundry.
  6. Make my bed.
  7. Take better care of my skin.
  8. Take better care of my feet.
  9. Clean my desk off regularly at work.
  10. Keep in touch with friends and family.
  11. Pack my lunch 1-2 times a week, and cook at home more often.
  12. Manage all my receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment